2273 144th Avenue Dorr, MI 49323
- 5 Beds
- 4 Baths
- 5536 sq.ft.
Hopkins, formerly Hopkins Station, is a village within Hopkins Township in Allegan County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 610 at the 2010 census.
In 1854, John Hoffmaster settled here. On May 20, 1854, the Hopkins post office was opened with Erastus Congdon as its first postmaster. The Hopkins Station post office opened on March 28, 1870 with postmaster Henry F. Guyot. Hopkins Station was the name of the railroad depot opened in 1874. Hoffmaster became the first depot master and platted the village. On May 31, 1904, the Hopkins post office was closed. On June 6, 1906, the Hopkins Station post office was shorted to just Hopkins.
Hopkins was incorporated as a village in 1920. On January 31, 1929, Claude B. Hoffmaster became postmaster.
Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. The firm operating this website does not display the entire MLS (or MichRIC) Broker Reciprocity database on this web site. Any use of search facilities of data on the site, other than by a consumer looking to purchase real estate, is prohibited. Updated on