Cedar Springs

Cedar Springs is a city in Kent County in the state of Michigan, United States, 20 miles north of Grand Rapids. The population was 3,509 at the 2010 census.

Established as a lumber town in 1856, Cedar Springs boasted numerous lumber and shingle mills. The town was the northern terminus of the Grand Rapids and Indiana Railroad for two years and also was the crossing point for the east to west running Toledo, Saginaw and Muskegon Railway, which became the Grand Trunk Western Railroad, which was built through the town in 1888. The community was named for the fine springs bordered by a cedar grove.